6.16.2014

one year... #WHAT?‏

GUYS. I HAVE OFFICIALLY MADE IT ONE YEAR WITHOUT HARKINS POPCORN. who knew i could do it? cause i sure didn't.

hahah but uhm wow. one year. i'm struggling to grasp the fact that i've been gone that long. i just want to give a massive shout out to all of my writers. you faithful little things. i remember when i would get like 30 emails a week my first few months and everyone was like... enjoy it while it lasts. they're all gonna start ignoring you.... but you people just keep pumpin' 'em out after a whole year. PROPS. love you all. a lot. (6 MORE MONTHS: you can do it. i have faith.)

without being tooooo horribly cheesy, this really has been the best year of my life! i have learned so many things about life, about the gospel, about myself, my Savior, my Heavenly Father... a list without end. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. in case you guys haven't gathered that from my other emails. not sure. never hurts to double check right?

so uhm here, bikes are a THING. and everyone takes their wives like on the front part while they're peddling.. and let me tell you.. some people have some chubby wives. my companion one day was like, awhhh how cute. all i could think about is how i'm pretty sure my dad would be like, ''pshhhh, you want the bike? go for it. i'm walking.''
...speaking of dad... a guy in the place i am is listening to George Straight. i thought of you.

i've determined that approximately 80 percent of all Nicaraguan women have braided my hair at least once.

on another note. i got robbed today. yaaay. story. so today we get on a bus. there is a creepy guy across the aisle from us that will NOT stop staring at me. so i put my companions head in between us so it obstructs his view of me.. haha. i couldn't handle the stares. so my companion kind of stares at him like, ''stop it'' yeah know? and we get off the bus, blah blah. 5 minutes later this lady comes up to me and is like, heeey this guy robbed your wallet on the bus... NOOO. she described him, and sure enough.. it was the dude staring at me. perfect. she tells us he's in the market selling hammocks so we boook it over there to try and find him. we literally only looked like 5 minutes and there he was. i put on my stank face and and walked up to him with my hand out.. he was like.. uhhh uh i don't have it... i didn't see anything.. uh.. uh... dumb. i just start saying ''give it to me. give it to me, i know you have it.'' and my comp.. not the most patient little latina, yells at him so all of the people in the market see and he shushes her and hands me my wallet. beautiful.

also today. i bought an umbrella. just felt like i should. whoo! cause the rain here is nuts. so i buy it, we get on the bus back to our house and it starts POURING. like, you can't imagine. i'm just thinking like perf. just bought an umbrella. boom. so we get off the bus, and this 12 year old tiiiny kid gets off the bus with his grandma, in a wheel chair. it's LITERALLY dumping buckets and the streets were flooded up to my knees and the poor woman had no umbrella.. so me and my companion run our stuff to our house and give the woman my umbrella and carry her home in her wheelchair like a mile... my legs were soggy and my clothes have never been so wet. but awh it was so adorable. is it weird to say i know i was supposed to buy that umbrella today? i don't know. it's the little things that count, i know it :)

my investigators are awesome, just p.s. Areison finally went to church yesterday! maybe i cried. not really. but close. and Miriam, and Darling and Noel, and Balmore, and Maria and ahhhhhh it was a miracle day. i love LOVE love this area. 

i just wanted to send allllllll of my love and prayers to the Baker family. i love you guys, and i'll be thinking of you and praying for you. families are forever, i'm sure of it. <3

No comments :

Post a Comment